Enrollment & Registration
Welcome and thank you for considering Redwood High School as the next step in your student’s academic education. The process to enroll your student is described below. Enrollment cannot take place until all documents are received, please read carefully.
STEP ONE (complete this step before coming to the school site):
- Complete Online Enrollment
Parent/guardian will need a valid email address in order to create an account and enroll your student. Please refer to the District website at http://www.cv.k12.ca.us and click on the Enrollment link under the Parents tab. Or, you may access the URL directly at http://enrollment.cv.k12.ca.us to get to the enrollment site. Once you have completed the online enrollment, print out the Enrollment Confirmation sheet and bring it to the school site with other documents listed below. If you do not have access to a computer please call us for assistance.
- Prepare for Verification of your Residency
Fill out the CVUSD Statement of Residency Form (download forms at District or Redwood HS website). Submit form at the school site with ALL of the original required documents. Please bring your PG&E bill and additional items requested on the form. If you have special circumstances and are unable to provide any of the residency documentation, please contact the CVUSD Student Services Dept. for an appointment at 510-537-3193. Special circumstances may require you to process your residency at the district office.
STEP TWO (complete this step at the Redwood High School, 18400 Clifton Way, Castro Valley, CA 94546):
Call Redwood HS to schedule an Enrollment Appt. with Vanessa Peterson at (510) 537-3193. Remember to bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Residency Verification Form and ALL required original documents
- CVUSD Enrollment Confirmation Sheet (available after you complete Online Enrollment)
- Provide a copy of your student’s Immunization Record (yellow card preferred)
- Provide a copy of your student’s Birth Certificate
- NEW 10TH – 12TH GR students: You must provide an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT (if transferring mid-year, student should withdraw from the prior school, return textbooks and obtain Withdrawal/Grades to Leaving!)
(NOTE: Student’s with a current I.E.P. or 504 should bring a copy with you at this time)
Enrollment cannot take place until ALL of these documents are received. You should be able to obtain many of the required documents from the former school at time of withdrawal. If more convenient, you may have prior school fax documents to Redwood HS, to the attention of “New Student Enrollment” at 510-247-3397.